Subject: Re: Install 1.5.1 on Ultra1
To: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
From: Paul Khavkine <paul@colba.net>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 08/23/2001 15:21:00
I know i was looking for it but there's only a dd's image.
Where can i get a tarball for miniroot.
The only way i found to get NetBSD into the Ultra1 was netboot untarred base
from a workstation
but miniroot stuff was not on it.
Netbooting miniroot and then install the system from NFS would be very
convenient.

Thanx
Paul

matthew green wrote:

>    I have managed to get my Ultra1 to netboot from a FreeBSD workstation.
>    So all all the steps for netboot install worked so far except i cant
>    seem to find
>    sysinst utility in the base distro ?
>    Where is it supposed to be ?
>
> sysinst isn't part of the base install, it is only part of the
> install media... you need to look at the miniroot for that.
>
> hmm, it seems we don't supply a tar ball of a the install media
> just a bootable image.  perhaps we should also build a .tar of
> the necessary bits?

Paul Khavkine
Network Administrator
Distributel Communications