Subject: Re: Ifconfig does not work on miniroot of the 1.5.1 release on Netra
To: Brian Buhrow <buhrow@lothlorien.nfbcal.org>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 07/17/2001 23:07:05
> Following your suggestion and assuming that ifconfig is doing the right
> thing, I find that I cannot connect to any network attached devices, be
> they on the local net or on some other net.  I think in this case, ifconfig
> just isn't working.  I suspect it's a 32-bit versus 64-bit issue.

Uhm, I only can tell for the "real" (i.e. installed) ifconfig, which works
at least so far that it did configure my machines hme0 appropriately with

  ifconfig hme0 inet 192.168.....

I never looked at the address it was displaying (else I would have noticed
any wired output), but it worked. The distribution was uploaded to the ftp
server via this hme0, so it must have worked ;-)

There may be (kernel) issues, but I would be very suprised if there would
be 32bit vs. 64bit issues in this area.

Martin