Subject: Ifconfig does not work on miniroot of the 1.5.1 release on Netra T1 machines.
To: None <port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: Brian Buhrow <buhrow@lothlorien.nfbcal.org>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 07/17/2001 13:26:39
	Hello folks.  I tried to get an Ultra Netra T1 running this morning
using the NetBSD-1.5.1 miniroot from the release distribution.  It booted
fine, recognized both hme0 and hme1, as well as the onboard SCSI bus and
disks.  However, when I got to a shell prompt, I found that ifconfig could
not set the IP address of hme0 or hme1.
Running:
#ifconfig hme0 inet 1.2.3.4 netmask 0xfffffc00 broadcast 1.2.5.255
got me no errors, but doing a subsequent
#ifconfig hme0
turned up an IP address of 0.0.0..0 and a broadcast of 0.0.0.0
Ping too would not ping any address except 0.0.0.0

The January snapshot miniroot panics as the machine comes up, so I couldn't
test that one.
Anyone else seen this behavior?
-thanks
-Brian