Subject: Re: Ultra1 200MHz Install
To: None <bgreen@greenmachineworks.com, port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: None <eeh@netbsd.org>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 07/12/2001 19:34:49

| I am trying to install NetBSD 1.5 on an Ultra 1 200MHz (iso image cdrom) and get an output that is similar to a problem described by a person on the list trying to load a Netra T1 AC200 (see message below this one). I get similar results with a SunBlade 100 I have. I am a bit surprized as I thought this version had been tested on Ultra1 200Mhz hardware? Am I missing something ??

The ISO images do not support booting currently.  You will either need to
netboot or create your own -current INSTALL kernel and embed a miniroot image
on it and somehow get it onto the bootable part of an ISO image.

Also, 1.5 and 1.5.1 do not support the FAS controller.  You need a -current
kernel for that.  You can grab one of those from

ftp.netbsd.org:/pub/NetBSD/arch/sparc64/kernels

Eduardo