Subject: Re: --db_more-- in recent sparc64 kernel
To: None <heas@shrubbery.net, port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: None <eeh@netbsd.org>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 07/11/2001 21:26:21
	after cvs update ~7/9 (and again an hour ago), booting my ultra 2
	stops at a --db_more-- prompt

	Rebooting with command: boot -s
	Boot device: /sbus/SUNW,fas@e,8800000/sd@0,0  File and args: -s
	NetBSD IEEE 1275 Bootblock
	..>> NetBSD/sparc64 OpenFirmware Boot, Revision 1.3
	>> (root@foad, Mon Jul  9 20:11:51 UTC 2001)
	loadfile: reading header
	elf64_exec: Booting /sbus@1f,0/SUNW,fas@e,8800000/sd@0,0:a/netbsd
	1453372@0x1000000+88000@0x1400000+309512@0x14157c0
	symbols @ 0xfff3c300 74+147840+71699 start=0x1000000
	chain: calling OF_chain(800000, edd0, 1000000, fffb1a80, 18)
	--db_more--

	if i hit space here, it loops printing tabs (or is it spaces) forever.
	is there a way around this, while (i'm guessing) debugger support is

That's a new one.  Hm.  I presume you have DDB enabled.
What happens if you type `q'?

What's probably happening is that there is a call to db_printf()
with a corrupt string.  db_printf() will attempt to print it and
generates a `--db_more--' when it thinks you're at the end of the
page.  It would be useful to know how you got there.

Is your kernel DEBUG or not?  If not, try compiling with DEBUG to
get some more boot diagnostics.

	being worked on?  tia.

No, the debugger should work.  But it appears you're not getting
far enough for the debugger to initialize.

Eduardo