Subject: Re: 1.5.1(ish) and ^C
To: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 06/28/2001 06:41:39
> 	OK - I was confused. I thought -mcpu=ultrasparc should be
> 	a synonym for -mcpu=v9. It appears not - with -mcpu=ultrasparc
> 	cc dumps core attempting to compile perl, while with -mcpu=v9
> 	(which should be a NOP?) all is fine.
>
> 	This was all with the pkgsrc perl..

I suppose you are using the (to be) 1.5.1 toolchain here? That is basically
the 1.5 toolchain with fixes (so, in contrast to 1.5, it is able to compile
the whole system including X). It is probably older than working 32 bit
support.

I can't recommend a current toolchain for 1.5.1 machines either, we need to
wait for the toolchain integration to happen.

Martin