Subject: Re: Caveat: upgrading lib(c) may hose your system!
To: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
From: Ade Lovett <ade@lovett.com>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 06/22/2001 10:40:03
On Fri, Jun 22, 2001 at 02:33:43PM +0200, Martin Husemann wrote:
> Partway through, probably after libc or ld.elf_so got updated, my system
> started to loose. Seem like no shared binaries can be executed any more.
>
> I'll keep you posted as soon as I know what's going on. For now, better do
> not update right now ;-)

I just hit this problem too, though with the 1.5.1_BETA2 snap, which
has 12.64 (so is even further behind).  make install in libc just froze
right after the symlinks were moved around, then everything just stopped
(requiring a powercycle to get back into single user and move the symlinks
back).

When y'all work around this could you please build up another snapshot
so that us mere mortals can just jump over the problem?

Thanks,
	-aDe

--
Ade Lovett, Austin, TX.