Subject: Stupid scsi drives...
To: None <port-sparc64@NetBSD.org>
From: Will Andrews <will@physics.purdue.edu>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 06/16/2001 18:48:16
OK, I got NetBSD/sparc64 1.5.1_BETA2 to netboot all the way to a
login prompt and so on.  Even got sshd running so I can connect
to it remotely.  At least now I can do the install remotely.  :-)

Now I'm trying to install on the local SCSI drives, but I've
discovered that for some reason they do not appear in the dmesg,
and I can't disklabel ANY of the drives, which might explain why
the install script won't let me install on any of them.  :(

The webpage about using a netboot to install on a local drive
(http://www.NetBSD.org/Documentation/network/netboot/local.install.html)
is not very helpful about what I'm missing.  :|

Thanks to Eduardo and Dave Capella for their suggestions!  :)
--
wca