Subject: sparc64 netbsd install...
To: Port-Sparc64@Netbsd. Org <port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: B. Cook <bcook@poklib.org>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 06/14/2001 16:02:52
I'm ready to take another shot at installing NetBSD on sparc64.. I'd like to
do this without solaris, and I've not had much luck with netbooting it, as
there is no solaris on the box...

If I wanted to try this again,
/pub/NetBSD/arch/sparc64/snapshot/20010518-1.5.1_BETA2 is where I would get
the files that I think I would need...

under the install dir, there is a miniroot dir, in there is a file of about
2.8mb compressed, and in the ../../binary/kernel is a netbsd.GENERIC.gz
kernel..

can I uncompress the two files in a dir and make an iso out of them? or does
the netbsd.GENERIC need to be in the bootable area of the CD?
these are the options that I think I need to do this (if this is even the
correct thing to do...)
any help would be much appreciated..

if this works, I'd like to install everything else, but as long as I might
be making coasters, or something that still might not even have and
installer.. I'd like it to go fast ;)  So I'm only going to include what it
takes to make the thing possilby show some signs of improvement.

  -B FILES, -sparc-boot FILES Set sparc boot image names
  -sparc-label label text     Set sparc boot disk label

I would like to thank anyone that took the time to read this, and hope that
you might be able to help.

Brian