Subject: Re: pkg_add broken on 1.5 release?
To: None <eeh@netbsd.org>
From: dave w capella <dave.capella@cornell.edu>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 04/18/2001 21:38:37
>	I successfully brought up an Ultra1, but can't install any
>	packages. make complains that I need to cd to ../../pkg_install
k	and run make.

>That's because your pkgsrc is newer than your pkg_install.

hm, I was trying to simply install binary packages, but another
look at the ftp site, and it seems that I must've grabbed src
packages, instead.

>	Sorry, I'm not at work, so don't remember the exact error - something
>	like: I have pkg_install-20010302 but need pkg_install-20010306.
>	Problem is, I tried to upgrade, now have  pkg_install-20010307, and
>	the same error messages.
>
>How did you upgrade?

Quite frankly, at this point, I'm not sure. It would be simple to
rebuild everything, I think. The boxes are net-booting; just have
to get the linux server to cooperate on nfs, and I do have an
external drive that will at least boot the boxes...

Should I simply get the source for pkg_install and rebuild? If so,
could you point me at a url?

I know it sounds like a silly question, but I've wandered all over the
web and ftp sites, and am still a bit overwhelmed by the amount of stuff,
and the relationships between the various directories. Part of the
confusion has to do with the various releases - I have another Ultra1
that came up, but w/a scrogged prom. I'm still trying to straighten
that out - mkpl didn't work - but I noticed it was mentioned that the
newer releases might be less prone to this problem...

thanx again,
...dave
--
dave w capella            |  http://capella.ithaca.ny.us/