Subject: pkg_add broken on 1.5 release?
To: None <port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: dave w capella <dave.capella@cornell.edu>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 04/18/2001 20:34:24
Hi,

I successfully brought up an Ultra1, but can't install any
packages. make complains that I need to cd to ../../pkg_install
and run make.
Sorry, I'm not at work, so don't remember the exact error - something
like: I have pkg_install-20010302 but need pkg_install-20010306.
Problem is, I tried to upgrade, now have  pkg_install-20010307, and
the same error messages.

Didn't see any mention in the archives; am I the only lucky one
to encounter this?

btw - great job on this. I tried Slackware 7, RH6.2, and SuSE 7.
They either wouldn't install, or ran horribly slowly.

I'm new to Sparc's, and been a long time since I ran a BSD system,
but this package has been relatively nice to work with. By George,
I think I've found a use for those old Solaris boxes, after all. ;)

thanx!
...dave
--
dave w capella            |  http://capella.ithaca.ny.us/