Subject: Build stopping... Ideas?
To: None <port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 04/15/2001 12:02:12
--0MVPm7EaLRZfIY9d

I still have yet to successfully build the world on my sparc64. This time,
I see the following:

cc1: warnings being treated as errors
/usr/src/lib/libc/net/getaddrinfo.c: In function `explore_fqdn':
/usr/src/lib/libc/net/getaddrinfo.c:580: warning: initialization from incom=
patible pointer type
/usr/src/lib/libc/net/getaddrinfo.c:581: warning: initialization from incom=
patible pointer type
/usr/src/lib/libc/net/getaddrinfo.c:582: warning: initialization from incom=
patible pointer type
*** Error code 1

Stop.

The lines surrounding this in /usr/src/lib/libc/net/getaddrinfo.c:

	static const ns_dtab dtab[] =3D {
		NS_FILES_CB(_files_getaddrinfo, NULL)
		{ NSSRC_DNS, _dns_getaddrinfo, NULL },  /* force -DHESIOD */
		NS_NIS_CB(_yp_getaddrinfo, NULL)
		{ 0 }
	};

I assume NS_FILES_CB, for instance, is a macro. I can't find where it's
defined.

The nsdispatch man page describes the following structure:

	typedef struct {
		const char *src;
		int (*cb)(void *retval, void *cb_data, va_list ap);
		void *cb_data;
	} ns_dtab;

Since there are three values required here, I assume that either
NS_FILES_CB or NS_NIS_CB is supposed to "return" a couple of values. I
assume that if there needs to be type coercion, I need to do it within
those macros.

If someone could give me a clue, I'd be grateful.

PS: This is quite recent -current source (today, I believe), and I'm
running the "dwarf" toolchain snapshot.

--=20
   Mason Loring Bliss  mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us  If a cow laughed, wo=
uld