Subject: Re: booting an Ultra 30
To: Grant Beattie <grant@grunta.com>
From: Andrei Petrov <and@genesyslab.com>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 03/09/2001 10:44:23
I think you should try that very latest kernel. There are several ways
to do it. The easiest is netboot. I tried the same ofwboot.net and it
boots fine on ultra2. Is that possible that ofwboot.net image was corrupted?
I would reload it using ftp in binary mode.

For booting from disk you need spare
partition which you can set up from solaris (see install notes and/or
FAQ). For booting from there you need 2 files ofwboot and netbsd.
ofwboot should be installed using installboot. If it boots then
you'll need /dev populated (/dev/console and /dev/[r]sd*) also
described in install notes.

	Andrey