Subject: Re: Strange key repeat problem
To: None <Ivan.Eriksen@uni-c.dk, port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: None <eeh@netbsd.org>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 03/08/2001 17:37:45
	On Thu, 8 Mar 2001, Ivan Eriksen wrote:

	> I'm running the sparc64 port on a standard Ultra5 box -- It seems to be
	> running great, although I frequently have some strange key repeats on the
	> console. Sometimes it seems to repeat the last key pressed for no reason
	> without any other keys pressed.

	Hmmm... MAYBE I should mention, that I am running NetBSD 1.5Q :-) I had
	the same problem with the 1.5 plain release though..

Yes, this is a known problem.  No, there is no solution for it
yet.  It is probably due to interrupt issues while using the
PROM for console output, since it does not happen when running
X11.

Possible solutions to the problem would be:

	Get X11 working on the U5's VGA card.

	Get wscons/rastercons working on U5s.

	Muck around with interrupt priorities.

Right now the openfirmware() call does the equivalent of
splimp().  You could try increasing it to splhigh(), or
lowering it to spltty() or getting rid of it entirely and
see if that helps the problem.

Eduardo