Subject: Re: Ultra1 1.5 boot
To: None <port-sparc64@netbsd.org, wes@uia.net>
From: None <eeh@netbsd.org>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 02/12/2001 16:24:51
	I have successfully net booted my Ultra1. The hardware probe does not =
	seem to recognize the internal scsi disk however. I don't see where the =
	scsi controller is being probed either.=20

	1. I have inherited this box and not really sure exactly what it is. It =
	says Ultra1 creator on the front but how do I tell what it has for =

The `Creator' versions are the `e' models:  1/140e, 1/170e, 1/200e.  Instead
of a TurboGX (cgsix) and FEPS (le/esp) they have FFB and Happy Meal (hme/fas).

	hardware? I went to Sun's site and didn't see very much beyond the basic =
	hardware listed for an Ultra1. How do I tell what scsi controllers it is =
	using? I see that there are a couple of scsi controllers that are not =
	supported, so I must have one of these but I would like to make sure.

	2. If I do have one of the unsupported controllers then what would the =
	list recommend?

Currently: le, esp, and hme are supported.  fas is in-progress.

	3. Also it has some kind of external scsi box connected to it that holds =
	four scsi disks. Looks neat but can NetBSD use this thing?

Depends on what the box is.  What does the label say?

Eduardo