Subject: Ultra1 1.5 boot
To: None <port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: Wes Zuber <wes@uia.net>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 02/11/2001 12:37:33
Folks,

I have successfully net booted my Ultra1. The hardware probe does not =
seem to recognize the internal scsi disk however. I don't see where the =
scsi controller is being probed either.=20

1. I have inherited this box and not really sure exactly what it is. It =
says Ultra1 creator on the front but how do I tell what it has for =
hardware? I went to Sun's site and didn't see very much beyond the basic =
hardware listed for an Ultra1. How do I tell what scsi controllers it is =
using? I see that there are a couple of scsi controllers that are not =
supported, so I must have one of these but I would like to make sure.

2. If I do have one of the unsupported controllers then what would the =
list recommend?

3. Also it has some kind of external scsi box connected to it that holds =
four scsi disks. Looks neat but can NetBSD use this thing?

Thanks in advance for any help.

--Wes