Subject: re: E250 support?
To: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
From: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 02/10/2001 15:29:39

   I don't see what's wrong with the current situation.
   If you (a) do have a second hme and (b) insist on calling the internal one
   hme0, you can always add an entry like we now have in GENERIC32.

the problem happens when:

i am running a kernel, and i've happily configured hme0 as my primary interface.
i score a hme card!  woohoo.  i install it, and suddenly my system stops working
properly because the onboard ethernet device is not longer properly configured.
this *happens*.

you might not see the problem but that doesn't mean it does not exist.