Subject: `hme0 at pci...'
To: None <eeh@netbsd.org>
From: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 02/09/2001 15:05:14

   	   The problem is that simba's are wired so the first bus is
   	   used for PCI slots and the second bus is used for on-board
   	   devices.  Our PCI code probes buses in order, so the
   	   PCI slots are probed before the on-board devices.

   	exactly.  and the second bus on the real psycho is also used
   	for on-board devices, which is pci1...

   hme0 at pci1 ... ?

tried that.  my hme PCI card probed at hme0 again :-(

hmm... maybe we can hack (emphasis on hack!) something like:

	psycho0 at mainbus0
	pci0    at psycho0
	pci1	at psycho0
	simba1  at pci0 dev 1 function 1
	pci2    at simba1

	hme0    at pci1 ...
	hme0    at pci2 ...

ie, take *out* the pci1/simba0 configuration for the APB.

actually, we can probably far more easily fix this by swapping the
pci1/pci2 busses on APB in the config file:

	simba0  at pci0 dev 1 function 0
	pci2    at simba0
	simba1  at pci0 dev 1 function 1
	pci1    at simba1

and then `hme0 at pci1' will always work?

.mrg.