Subject: Re: questions
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Martin A. Marques <martin@math.unl.edu.ar>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 01/30/2001 08:46:51
El Lun 29 Ene 2001 16:39, Manuel Bouyer escribió:
> On Mon, Jan 29, 2001 at 10:36:06AM -0300, Martin A. Marques wrote:
>
> > Which compiler comes with the distro? Can I use gcc? Does it come with
> > XFree and/or KDE?
>
> Compiler is gcc.

Great! I very familiar with it.

> But unfortunably there's no X server available for NetBSD/sparc64 yet.

How difficult can it be to compile XFree for NetBSD/sparc64? We had plans
here to compile XFree on Solaris, just to see if the problem was Solaris or
the OpenWin system.

> I think you can install KDE and use it remotely, though.

But I would need a GUI to do that. I would have to start an X session.

> > And to finish, where can I get iso images of net-bsd to burn (and who
> > much are them)?
>
> ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/iso/ (and mirrors).
> I'm not sure there's one for sparc64.

Found the iso image, but (and just like the others) it has about 70MB only,
and it's not bootable for sparc64. I have to boot from floppys?

Saludos... :-)

--
System Administration: It's a dirty job,
but someone told I had to do it.