Subject: Re: esp/fas
To: None <eeh@netbsd.org>
From: Andrei Petrov <and@genesyslab.com>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 01/29/2001 15:56:35

> 	After some cheating esp started to work with fas in 'relaxed' mode:
> 	no sync negotiation, no tag queueing and 1.5K. yea! Pretty
> 	stable, I didn't tested it a lot but was able to newfs, untar
> 	distribution some times.
> 	I thought that it would be useful to move it to current, just move
> 	without merge to see how it behaves. So I did, but it started getting
> 	DMA errors, no right away but after a little while.
> 	The driver seems useful under 1.5K (uh, cross my fingers),

It's the same DVMA problem. The very new kernel (as of today)
doesn't cause dma errors, works for some time(longer then before), but
ends up in ddb with:

iommu_strbuf_flush: flush timeout 0x100000000 at 0x3cbbbc8

trace shows:

iommu_enter
iommu_dvmamap_load
sbus_dmamap_load
lsi64854_setup
esp_dma_setup
ncr53c9x_intr

Let me know if you need more info.
And yes it with the driver I sent you already.

Regards,
	Andrey