Subject: Re: Today was a quick day...
To: Shin'ichiro TAYA <taya@sm.sony.co.jp>
From: Peter A. Eisch <peter@boku.net>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 01/23/2001 22:24:42
I had done this and what everything else folks have posted.  (eg. I've had
the yet_another... toolchain installed since last week.  Today I pulled down
the sparc64... toolchain and unpacked them as would be chronologically
correct.  That didn't fix anything so I started pulling tools.tar.bz2 but
network propagation and my impish 128k ISDN have it scheduled to complete
sometime tomorrow after pulling for 12 hours.  I've played games with
shuffling around the location of /usr/local/bin in my path, but the make in
/usr/local/bin seriously chokes on the mk that's part of current, so then I
start shuffling binaries around to the extent that 1) I have no idea how to
explain to anyone what I'm using anymore and 2) I doubt anyone else in the
world has this environment which would tend to render anything I did in the
future absolutely bogus.

It's to the point that I'm considering vmware so I can build my sparc
binaries on a 650MHz notebook laying around here under win2k.  The U10 can
return to it's powered down state until this port is ready for folks to use
it.  I was just jumping the gun, sorry for the noise.

peter