Subject: Current kernel causes random cores
To: None <port-sparc64@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 12/09/2000 13:35:09
After Eduardo fixed some ksh and other lossage I thought it's time to update
my system again. So I build a current kernel and booted it. While running the
/etc/rc.d scripts, I got several core dumps from /bin/sh.

I upgraded userland, but still sh ocasionaly dumps core. Trying the same
again works fine without a core dump. After a make install I had five sh.core
files lying around all over the tree. I upgraded the kernel again (because
there have been some emulation related fixes tonight) and now can't even
complete a make includes, because I get illegal instruction traps (with a
call to Debugger() in the kernel, neat), again from /bin/sh.

Haven't had time to look at it at all yet, but thought I'll give you a heads-up.

Martin