Subject: Re: problem with "1.5" toolchain: diagnosis.
To: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 12/06/2000 10:13:51
On Wed, 6 Dec 2000, matthew green wrote:

: #define __arch64__ 1
: #define __sparc64__ 1
: #define __NetBSD__ 1
: #define __sparc_v9__ 1
: #define __sparc__ 1
: #define __ELF__ 1
:
: as far as i can tell, in a GNU installed tree, $prefix/bin/cpp is a frontend to the
: real cpp, which is in $prefix/lib/gcc-lib/.../cpp.  the former defines the various
: parts, where the latter is the real backend.  i believe the comp toolchain has just
: the backend installed.. the result of this when building NetBSD is that when we call
: cpp (/usr/bin/cpp), __ELF__ isn't defined, so we do a.out names for syscalls, which
: causes link problems.

Our /usr/bin/cpp is a simple wrapper around "cc -E" which should otherwise
work fine...!  /usr/bin/cpp should have been generated from the in-tree
src/gnu/usr.bin/egcs/cpp/usr.bin.cpp.sh.

Perhaps there's something else wrong here.

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>  *  http://www.wasabisystems.com/