Subject: re: Weirdness during installation
To: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
From: Murray Stokely <murray@osd.bsdi.com>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 11/24/2000 11:16:29
On Fri, 24 Nov 2000, matthew green wrote:
% this is a "known problem".  this also happens on the macppc.  for some
% reason if you touch the disk from the prom, netbsd can't use it... so
% what i do is boot my kernel over the network, but mountroot from wd0a..

   What do you mean "touch the disk from the prom"?  Do you mean you
can't even use `boot <disk-device-string>'?  That was working for me
on one of my SCSI disks, but I did run into some trouble trying to
install it on my IDE disk.  This should be documented in the INSTALL
document.

	- Murray