Subject: source tree??
To: None <port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: Anders Franzen <uabfra@uab.ericsson.se>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 11/07/2000 10:13:43

> i think there are now over 10 people in the world running
netbsd/sparc64

> :-)

I am 11.

I have installed it using the from solaris method.

I struggled abit with the diskless install but it always hanged when the

kernel tried to load /sbin/init from the nfs mounted root.

I noticed that the secondary booter (ofwboot) managed to load the kernel
perfectly.
but the kernel could not read the /sbin/init.

The only difference I could see from tcpdump is that the secondary
booter read rpc
packets of 1024 bytes but the kernel uses 8k reads. I could not find any
way of
passing a flag to the kernel to reduce the receive buffer size of nfs.

Dont know if it would help anyway.

now I want to install the compiler and sources.

When I browse through the ftp site, the snapshots for sparc-64 is from
august.
The 1.5 BETA is from now. How can I get the latest sources, maybe this
is faq
please direct me to the proper document.

PS. I think this port is very cooool, I got my hands on an obsolete
Ultra 1 and of course
wanted a 64 bit BSD for it.

 I checked FreeBSD ( which I run on my pc's), then OpenBSD then
lastly netbsd and here it was, great

 Do netbsd have a ports consept similar to FreeBSD ?
DS.

/Anders