Subject: Re: Building X stops at sparc_interrupt
To: Murray Stokely <murray@osd.bsdi.com>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 11/06/2000 09:47:26
> me into the debugger.  Has anyone see this before?  How can I find out
> more about this?  (Running 1.5_BETA generic kernel on an Ultra 5 with
> newly supped xsrc from Saturday).

Hmm, I'm running a -current kernel and was able to rebuild everything
(including X) a few days ago.

> kbd breakpoint at 0x10099c0
> 1 tt=4e tstate=9958000607 tpc=0x123eaa8 tnpc=0x123eaac
> Stopped at      sparc_interrupt+0x38:   wrpr            %g0, 0x0,
> %tick

Are you using ntpd or have you run ntpdate at boot?
Your machine is one with "no clock, using %tick" message at boot?

According to my limited understanding this (tt = 0x4e) is a normal hardware
interrupt (interrupt_level_14), and I don't see why this should do a
breakpoint.

Martin