Subject: another job, same problem
To: None <port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Jones <chris@cjones.org>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 10/03/2000 12:56:44
So, I just started my new job yesterday, and they gave me an Ultra/5
to work on.  I tried to install NetBSD on it, but I had the same
problem I had at my last job when I tried:  NetBSD's kernel clobbers
the NVRAM when it starts up, setting MAC address, serial number,
etc. to 0.

I've got this computer for rather longer than I had access to the last
one, so I'll be perfectly willing to help somebody fix this, if
they're willing.  I don't have a NetBSD/sparc64 compile environment,
though, so I can't do that much on my own.

Chris

--
Chris Jones                                           Mad scientist at large