Subject: Re:hme ...
To: Eduardo Horvath <eeh@turbolinux.com>
From: Andrei Petrov <and@genesyslab.com>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 08/24/2000 17:10:04
On Tue, 22 Aug 2000, Eduardo Horvath wrote:

> Next step is to look at the sysio register map in the U2P document or
> sys/arch/sparc64/dev/sbusreg.h and locate the physical addresses of the
> interrupt map, clear interrupt and interrupt diagnostic registers for the
> HME card.  If it's on-board it should use the `ethernet' registers,
> otherwise you need to look at the registers for the appropriate SBus
> slot.  Use the offset in conjunction with the physical base address of the
> sysio controller from the `reg' property to calculate the absolute
> physical address of those registers.  Dump the contents of the interrupt
> mapping register and interrupt diagnostic register with `<physical
> address> 15 spacex@ .'  The two bits associated with that interrupt source
> should be zero.

Here is the part of kernel messages regarding hme. I set sbus_debug to 3

hme0 at sbus0 slot 14 offset 0x8c00000 vector 21 ipl 6
_sbus_bus_map: mapping paddr slot e offset 8c00000 poffset e0000000 paddr
1ffe8c0000
0
_sbus_bus_map: mapping paddr slot e offset 8c02000 poffset e0000000 paddr
1ffe8c0200
0
_sbus_bus_map: mapping paddr slot e offset 8c04000 poffset e0000000 paddr
1ffe8c0400
0
_sbus_bus_map: mapping paddr slot e offset 8c06000 poffset e0000000 paddr
1ffe8c0600
0
_sbus_bus_map: mapping paddr slot e offset 8c07000 poffset e0000000 paddr
1ffe8c0700
0

: address 08:00:20:88:ed:05
nsphy0 at hme0 phy 1: DP83840 10/100 media interface, rev. 1
nsphy0: 10baseT, 10baseT-FDX, 100baseTX, 100baseTX-FDX, auto

sbus: intr[6]21:0
Hunting for IRQ...
Found OBIO 7e1 IRQ as 7e1 in slot 1

Does it seem correct to you?

It is on-board ethernet, so I tried
1fe00003008 for interrupt map and 1fe00004808 for interrupt diagnostic
registers.
The mapping register had 800007e1, seems correct; the diagnostic register
had either 3c00c000 or 3c00c00c depends on whether I broke into ddb
before or after server replied (and hme received a packet).
I'm going to retest it more thorouly because I'm not sure of what and
when I checked. At this point I'd like to know if I use correct
addresses, those bla-bla spacex@ . still kind of black magic for me-).

I ran into another problem, also during revarpwhoarewe phase; if
rarpd is not running when first request was sent, then hme stops
sending packets at all. I'm going to check this as well, but it might
be useful information.

--
	Andrey Petrov