Subject: Re:hme ...
To: Andrei Petrov <and@genesyslab.com>
From: Eduardo Horvath <eeh@turbolinux.com>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 08/21/2000 12:22:17
On Mon, 21 Aug 2000, Andrei Petrov wrote:

> Just out of curiosity: do you have 2 processors installed when
> you tried to boot netbsd? what kernel did you use?

Multiple processors is a completely unsuppored configuration.  There is
some code in the kernel that is likely to attempt to use multiple
processors if it finds them that is incomplete and untested.

(BTW is the Ultra2 still listed as supported hardware on the web site?  We
should remove that.)

> I'm seeing one thing which I hardly believe: when kernel is doing
> netboot it sends packet and goes to tsleep, but there are no
> interrupts going thru during that tsleep. The interrupt can only
> happen after timeout. I changed timeout value in revarpwhoarewe
> function and sent more rarp replies from server during tsleep. There are
> no keyboard interrupts, I think there should be, I might be wrong.
> But timer works.

Hm.  That's strange.  After it finishes attaching all devices it should go
into the idle loop from tsleep(), and the idle loop should completely drop
IPLs.  You should be getting keyboard interrupts.  (You do have a keyboard
on the zs device as the console, right?)

If you can break into ddb check the value of `cold'.  It should be cleared
by that point.  Also check `safepri' which should also be zero.

Make sure you do not have MULTIPROCESSOR defined.  That code is not
complete and could cause problems.

Eduardo Horvath