Subject: Re: READ ME: shared libraries, and a flag day
To: David O'Brien <obrien@NUXI.com>
From: Eduardo Horvath <eeh@turbolinux.com>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 07/26/2000 11:18:54
On Wed, 26 Jul 2000, David O'Brien wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 26, 2000 at 11:44:50AM -0400, Charles M. Hannum wrote:
> > I have managed to build an apparently working dynamically-linked
> > sparc64 userland.  I'll be uploading a snapshot of this shortly.
>
> I assume you mean a 64-bit sparc64 snapshot here.  Will you also be
> making a 32-bit sparc64 (ie, sparc_v9) snapshot for those with U1's with
> older firmware that Solaris claims should not run 64-bit code?

I don't think you will have any more problems running 64-bit code with an
old PROM than anyone else.  I have an old PROM and I'm not seeing anything
PROM related.

We will not be generating 32-bit NetBSD/sparc64 snapshots since, with a
proper kernel and bootloaders a NetBSD/sparc snapshot should work
reasonably well.

Eduardo Horvath