Subject: Re: Cross-compiling environment ?
To: Eiji Ota <eiji@fs.fujitsu.com>
From: Eduardo Horvath <eeh@turbolinux.com>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 04/26/2000 09:14:42
On Tue, 25 Apr 2000, Eiji Ota wrote:

> Is it possible you can make a cross compile environment
> on Solairs2 ?

It's possible but not really recommended.

> If possible, what's how to establish it ?

We use gcc's inline assembly quite a bit so you need a gcc, either 32-bit
or 64-bit, and the two versions are completely incompatible.  If you're
using 64-bit gcc you may also need 64-bit binutils.

The kernel's relatively easy to build.  You need to bootstrap make and
install /usr/share/mk.  Then build config.  Then either override the tools
as needed in your environment or create an /etc/mk.conf file.

Userland is much more difficult since the system headers conflict with the
NetBSD headers.  You need to set DESTDIR as appropriate and build into
that.  You will also need to generate some NetBSD utilites that will run
on Solaris.

Eduardo Horvath