Re: Improved memory detection for cgsix

Le jeu. 3 mars 2022 à 01:59, Michael <macallan%netbsd.org@localhost> a écrit :
> On my 501-2253 I got an undisturbed red square and next to it a blue
> one with an uninitialized memory pattern around it, so we didn't wrap
> and we didn't hit unmapped space either, which means the blitter can
> indeed see the full 4MB.

I can confirm on the 501-2253 in my SS20, a similar set of patches (I just used vmsize*1024*1024 rather than fbmapped in the console driver) works fine. kernel and console see the 4 MiB, and X11 doesn't seem to have any issue having the extra offscreen area (visible in the log). Not sure how to confirm it's actually used for anything, though.

Cordially,

--
Romain Dolbeau