Re: Net-installing SS20 & NFS woes (?)

I can't help with most of this (my next step would be to snoop the
traffic, as macallan@ suggested), but...

>> However, 'boot net' fails complaining about the carrier.

My SS20s do the same - when they're connected to a "modern"
autonegotiating switch.  I suspect the negotiation takes longer than
the ROM code is willing to wait for carrier.

I have a small 10baseT-only hub - not switch - and I find that, with
that between the switch and the machine, the network is much happier.
(This is all using the onboard le0.  Using a 100-capable interface such
as an hme might not have such problems; I haven't tried it.  I haven't
worried about the performance hit of forcing 10Mb because le0 is
limited to 10Mb anyway.)

>> Doing 'boot net-tpe' works (... to a point).

I'll have to remember that.  I should see if it works for me.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign