Re: Can't boot SS2 from CD with 8.0, 8.1, 8.99

SFEv2 ("Swift") cards don't work in sun4c, at least under any version of SunOS 4.x or Solaris. NetBSD *might* be different, but I doubt it. I seem to remember from way back then that OBP issues were the cause (and lack of DMA would do it too, although that only crops up with the 3rd SBus slot of the SPARCstation-1/1+).

There is a possibility that the SFEv1 ("BigMac") cards *might* work in sun4c.

Of course, an FSBE/S (SCSI &10BaseT LANCE combo) add-in card should be fine, if you have one.

-- Mike
https://fido.aalin.co.uk/sbus-sfe2/