re: sparc SMP seems fixed (was: re: SparcStation 20 system freezes)

> Hi Matt,
>
> I'm delighted to report it works brilliantly on my system.

hooray!

> I'm not sure, but it may have also boosted the performance a smidge as well.

now i'm curious to run some tests.. i may :)

> I was surprised to note that this kinda fixed the dbri driver, as programs
> that play sounds can now do so without hanging the system.
> (previously MP kernels would hang when this was attempted)
> Audio quality is still poor and there is a lag before audio is played, but
> that is probably unrelated to any SMP issues and has been an problem
> for as long as I can remember.

this is due to work from macallan@ and myself a bit over a year ago now.
i fixed a bunch of new issues since the audio driver was MP-ified and
macallan fixed a bunch of making it work issues :)  some of my fixes
were directly related to hangs.

thanks for testing!

.mrg.