Re: NetBSD 8.0 Installer Boots to White on White Screen on SS 1

On Thu, 10 Jan 2019 at 22:58, Henry Bent <henry.r.bent%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
> I was waiting to try the new installer image until I completed the 8.0 standard install over a serial console.  I chose a full install and it went smoothly, albeit slowly (as one might expect), and when I was dropped back to the monitor I found myself entirely unable to boot.  I assumed that sd(0,0,0)netbsd was what I wanted (for my disk at SCSI target 0) but that did not work.  Various other permutations of partition choices yielded no result.  What am I missing here?

<wracks memory>

Just to confirm is the scsi disk target 0? (probe-scsi) - netbsd will
name the first disk as sd0 even its its on a non zero scsi target.

As a quick workaround you should be able to boot the cdrom kernel with
-a and then give sd0a as the root filesystem.

David