SPARCStation 20 Audio

Hello,

I've been trying to get audio working on my SPARCStation 20 for a while. In short, attempting to use it locks up the machine. Before I get too far with debugging (below), maybe somebody already knows what is going on.

Thanks,
Eddie

Following are various debug tidbits:

Working through the suggestions at https://www.netbsd.org/docs/guide/en/chap-audio.html:

Here is some info from dmesg:

dbri0: speakerbox detected
dbri0: cs4215 rev E found at offset 8
audio0 at dbri0: full duplex, playback, capture, mmap

in /dev/, audio sound and mixer all exist.

The following step locks the machine: (I used a .wav file)

**|cat filename > /dev/audio|**

The audioplay command also locks the machine.

If I first do

*|audioctl -w play=44100,2,16,slinear_le|*

then audioplay only seems to lock up the current login - could not terminate audioplay with sudo kill -9. It didn't play audio that I could tell.

Here's what audioctl -a reports before I change anything with audioctl:

audioctl -a | more
name=CS4215
version=
config=dbri
encodings=ulinear:8,mulaw:8,alaw:8,slinear:8*,slinear_le:16*,ulinear_le:16*,slinear_be:16,ulinear_be:16*,slinear:16
properties=full_duplex,mmap
full_duplex=0
fullduplex=0
blocksize=4096