Re: EXA support

Hello,

On Wed, 9 Dec 2015 19:55:16 +0300
<lausgans%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

> > I've been adding EXA support to the xf86-video-sunffb and
> > xf86-video-suncg6 drivers, mostly because the next Xorg update is going
> > to drop XAA support.
> > have fun
> > Michael
>
> Hi.
>
> Very nice!
>
> > I'll just have to write a memory manager for EXA that uses coordinates instead of offset & pitch
> > Off-screen memory usage is suboptimal since EXA expects blitters with variable pitch, which cg6 doesn't have
>
> So you was able to trick EXA without implementing this thing? But the memory manager is still on todo, right?

I set pixmap and pitch alignment to the video mode's pitch, this allows
EXA to use off-screen memory but wastes a whole lot of it.

> P.S.: BTW, am I right in that XAA doesn't provide general block
> transfers (like EXA UTS & DFS)?

It does - WritePixmap() and DownloadFromScreen(). Had to implement both
for the crime driver since the hardware there does not have a linear
framebuffer.

have fun
Michael