Re: Packages for NetBSD/sparc 7.0?

On Thu, Oct 15, 2015 at 03:22:56PM +1100, matthew green wrote:
> "John D. Baker" writes:
> > On Wed, 14 Oct 2015 22:35:09 +0200, Manuel Bouyer <bouyer%antioche.eu.org@localhost>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Sadly, I can't build packages on 7.0/sparc. perl doens't build in my
> > > environement, and this is needed for pbulk.
> > > The same perl builds fine on 6.x/sparc.
> >
> > I recently built my usual subset of packages for my sparc boxen running
> > NetBSD-7.0 with pkgsrc-2015Q3 and had no problems at all with "lang/perl5"
> > or anything else (modulo local patches for "databases/db5",
> > "x11/rxvt-unicode" and "chat/ircservices").
>
> you know what, i just noticed i mis-read the above.
>
> the compiler problem is for GCC 4.5, aka netbsd-6.  it works for me
> on netbsd-7 sparc64.

And I also mis-reported the problem. My box is running a HEAD kernel,
but a netbsd-6 userland, and I was trying to pbulk build packages
for netbsd-6.
So the problem is indeed for the netbsd-6 gcc.

For netbsd-7 binary packages, I will have to upgrade the box running
netbsd-5 builds first. I'll try to do it today.

> hmmm.  Manuel, please just make sure the hacks.mk snippet is enabled
> for you -- perhaps the problem appears in GCC/sparc 4.8.

I'll try on the netbsd-6 userland today.