Re: FTP server on a Sparc 2.

    From: Riccardo Mottola <riccardo.mottola%libero.it@localhost>
    Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2014 09:42:42 +0100

    From: Volker Borchert <v.borchert%vistecprivat.de@localhost>
    Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2014 19:48:59 +0100
> ... I'd recommend to change the plan and use NFS instead.

The ftpd in the base installation worked with no problem.
The necessary files were moved in seconds of Sparc time
and a few minutes of my time.

Thanks to everyone who has helped with the EPROM and with
NetBSD.  The result is visible at http://carnot.yi.org/ .

A concluding question.  Are there instructions for running without a
monitor?  Seems advisable to remove the video card as well as the monitor.
What software switches should be changed when the card is removed?

Thanks,            ... Peter E.

--
123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 12
Tel +1 360 639 0202   http://carnot.yi.org/   Bcc: peter at easthope. ca