Re: Data Access Exception when trying to Boot installed NetBSD of hard drive

On Mon, 13 Oct 2014, Adrian Christiansen wrote:

> I tried to find some backtrace debugging tools in the OpenBoot 2.x
> manual and saw there was ftrace. I don't know if ftrace is of any
> help, but just in case here's the output of ftrace after the Data
> Access Exception.

`ftrace' is for tracing Forth code.  AFAIK the NetBSD/sparc bootloader is
C code so you want to use `ctrace'.

Looking at the backtrace:

> ok ftrace

Here we have a load operation.  Dunno what address it's trying to load,
that would be on the Forth stack.  You can access that (if it hasn't been
reset) with `.s'.

> @                 Called from (ffea5d84)                at  ffea5dae

The rest of it looks to be calling `seek' on some device.

> my-voc            Called from $call-self                at  ffea714a
> $call-self        Called from $call-method              at  ffea71e0
>  ffefb8a0
> $call-method      Called from seek                      at  ffebc7fa
> execute           Called from $vexecute?                at  ffea62a4
> $vexecute?        Called from $call-self                at  ffea714e
> $call-self        Called from $call-method              at  ffea71e0
>         0
> execute           Called from catch                     at  ffe9c3f2
>  ffefefd4
>         0
>  ffefebbc
> catch             Called from op-seek                   at  ffea78f6
> op-seek           Called from op-seek                   at  ffea7958
>         0

Here we have the call to load the bootblock.  It was called from the
command interpreter (`interact').

> (fload)           Called from interact                  at  ffe9eaac
> execute           Called from catch                     at  ffe9c3f2
>  ffefefec
>         0
>  ffefebd4
> catch             Called from (quit                     at  ffe9ead0

Eduardo