Re: Install the xbase.tgz.

peter%easthope.ca@localhost wrote:
>From:  Manuel Bouyer <bouyer%antioche.eu.org@localhost>
>Date:  Fri, 12 Sep 2014 16:38:36 +0200
>> ... install the xbase.tgz set from the base system.

>No mention of xbase.tgz in http://www.netbsd.org/docs/guide/en/chap-x.html .

The guide expects that you would have installed it already.

>Googling "site:netbsd.org xbase.tgz" yields results but none really helpful.

That search for me shows examples of where you would find it for
particular port releases.

>No xbase*.tgz in
>http://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/pkgsrc/packages/NetBSD/sparc/ .

It isn't a package.

>Someone please elaborate a little on "install the xbase.tgz
>set from the base system."

The "base system" means NetBSD before any packages are installed.

Do you have a populated /usr/X11R7/lib directory ?

If there are libraries in it then you have already installed xbase.tgz
and you don't need to install the libX11 package as well.

Robert Swindells