Re: sun4m cgfourteen sx wscons issues

Hello,

On Fri, 18 Apr 2014 17:46:55 +0200
victor%bubbleverse.eu@localhost wrote:

> On Thu, 17 Apr 2014 17:03:43 -0400
> Michael <macallan%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:
>
> > ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/macallan/sparc/netbsd.poteen.gz
> > this one does a little more explicit hardware setup ( on the cg14 side
> > ) instead of relying on OBP.
>
> Same symptoms as before. However there is an interesting new line in dmesg:
> sx0: architecture rev. 27 chip rev. 0

Ok, mine is rev. 25. Finally something that's different. That gives me an idea,
let me cook up another kernel...

> > ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/macallan/sparc/netbsd.poteen.no_sx.gz
> > same thing, without sx. Just to see if the issues you're seeing are
> > caused by the cg14 or by the acceleration code. I'm fairly sure it's
> > the latter but since I can't reproduce it I have to make sure.
>
> That one panics and gives me a "db>" prompt. Output is attached. I didn't
> upload a core dump, because i have no swap partition,
> and in hope you could make sense of the debuggers bt. Tell me if a coredump
> is necessary.

That's a bug I need to fix. Probably a typo.

> Another thing: Wscons doesn't come up on the screen when i set output-device
> and input-device to a serial port in OBP.
> Instead the screen shows a checkerboard pattern. I guess that at least the
> first part is normal behaviour but i thought i'd
> mention it.

I never tested that ( never got around to get the right cables )
OBP probably skips some setup steps that our driver relies on if it's not the
console.

have fun
Michael