Re: SCSI port type

On 12/15/2012 05:42, Michael wrote:

Hello,

On Dec 14, 2012, at 9:30 PM, AGC wrote:

On 12/14/2012 18:29, Michael wrote:

Hello,

On Dec 14, 2012, at 6:30 PM, AGC wrote:

I tried sending this question over to the suns-at-home list but it
appears the list isn't functioning anymore, the archives don't show
anything new and I don't get an autoreply when I send to the list.

Anyway, on to the question:

Does anyone recall what type (i.e. HV or LV and SE or Diff, it's most
likely SE) the on-board SCSI ports are for the IPX and SS20?  I've got
a few of the Multipack enclosures (I think the 711) that accept SCA
drives and has two 68-pin SCSI ports on the back. The drives I have
are all LVD.(originally intended for an A1000 but are too tall for it).

Both are 8bit SE ( I'm fairly sure that applies to all sun4c and sun4m
workstations' onboard SCSI controllers ).

have fun
Michael

Right but low voltage or high voltage? :)

I don't think there's such a thing as low voltage SE ;)

Probably not :) But I had to ask. I've been looking for the right interface for these multipacks for a while and it's really hard to figure out if a particular card is low or high voltage. Some of them are possibly high voltage differential and some are low voltage differential.