Re: sun4c (Was /etc/disktab on vax)

On 7/1/2012 13:30, David Brownlee wrote:
On 1 July 2012 19:30, AGC <agcarver+netbsd%acarver.net@localhost> wrote:
It looks like the code was updated to new prototypes from  __P()
between netbsd-3 and netbsd-4, which introduced a lot of probably
irrelevant changes, but promlib.c was also moved around and there are
a fair number of changes in stand/ofwboot.

Obviously this needs access to real hardware. I'm happy to help
someone with such hardware either setup a test build environment or
generate test binaries :)

So, anyone with such a machine have some time to spare?

If I can find my other spare CD drive I'd be happy to try this out on my
v2.4 IPX.  It's not doing anything right now as it's waiting for an OS that
will let me compile more recent programs. :)

Excellent :)

Does the IPX boot from CD-RW media? If not, and you don't want to burn
a CD for each test then an alternative might be a NetBSD-3 CD to get
the system booted, and into a position to write boot blocks to a scsi
disk for each test :)

No RW drive only a couple original Sun CD-R drives in external flat lunchbox cases. One of them is in use on my fully functional IPX. The other one is in a box that I'll have to dig out.

Internally it has a 1 GB SCSI drive and there's a disk pack with a couple extra drives in it to handle any extra storage if needed (though it's loud so I tend to leave it off).