Re: RAIDframe swap problems?

>> - manually zero the dump partition with dd, see what happens.
> I did this.  After doing it, the savecode then ran successfully and
> said "savecore: no core dump".

> Worth chasing, or should we just assume it not worth chasing down
> this "bug"?

Unless you saved a copy of the partition before wiping it, it's going
to be difficult to chase - approximately impossible unless my guess is
accurate.  That guess is that you had, by chance, the "this dump area
is valid" magic number present where savecore looks for it, but the
rest of the data structures were corrupt (because they were random
garbage).  This could be tested by randomizing the swap area (something
like wiping it with /dev/zero filtered through a light encryption) and
then dropping the magic number in the right place manually and seeing
what happens.

\ / Ribbon Campaign