Re: Build method

On 11/22/2011 04:08, Julian Fagir wrote:
Hi,

I don't know your exact setup...

Would it work to make these sets then extract only the ones I want into
the root directory and then build the kernel after that?
you cannot do that on the same machine, you should always update your kernel
first, as maybe your userland contains parts that are not compatible with the
old kernel.

Regards, Julian who learned that the hard way.

Ok, I will have to do more digging. All of the how-to's I've found only document a download/install without any customization. I need to be able to get to a kernel configuration somewhere so I can enable PPSAPI and a couple other things before building my new kernel. I was trying to avoid building a kernel twice (once to boot and once again with the configuration changes) but perhaps I can't.