Re: DCD as an alternate /dev device?

>I tried using the dty and tty separately for the configuration but it
>didn't seem to work.  I symlinked /dev/gps1 to /dev/ttyb and /dev/pps1
>to /dev/dtyb.  However, the port was not broken up so once the /dev/gps1
>port was opened, /dev/pps1 became unavailable for use.  The PPS
>reference clock in ntpd stayed offline even when using kernel PPS routines.

See, I think this is the problem here; my quick reading of the ZS
serial port driver indicates that this shouldn't happen.  Note that
probably most of the people out there who are doing PPS are using
the com driver, so a ZS-specific bug would likely go undetected.  That's
where I'd focus my energy.  As an aside, the whole "port broken up"
thing is as far as I can tell just a FreeBSD specific thing, and I think
it's just a red herring in terms of your real problem.

--Ken