DCD as an alternate /dev device?

So I think I'm almost to a solution for the PPS issue with ntpd. I actually got the PPS refclock working but I can't use it with the GPS refclock.

One person mentioned that on his system running FreeBSD (on a Soekris), the TX/RX portion of the serial port is cuad1 (symlinked to /dev/gps0) but the DCD signal is on some type of GPIO (in his case elan-mmcr symlinked to /dev/pps0). However both of them point to the same physical serial port.

Is there something similar in NetBSD?