Re: Sun IPX and PPS via serial port

>When ppstest starts, it fires off two copies of my new printf statements
>inside the z8530tty.c file.

Ah, okay, that makes sense!  It wouldn't show up unless those events were
being watched for.

>When ntpd starts, at first I thought it wasn't working but then I get a
>"last message repeated" entry.  However it seems inconsistent.  Stopping
>and starting ntpd doesn't show the message.

That might be messages left over from when ppstest was running.

I am thinking the problem is at the ntpd level (it looks like to me
that it's not doing the right magic to enable the PPS reception in the
kernel).  What version of NetBSD are you running?  I see that in the
ntpd distribution there is a program called "pps-api"; that one might
be worth compiling and trying out.

--Ken